This summer salad has quickly become a fan favorite! With simple, whole ingredients and a light, refreshing dressing, it’s the perfect accompaniment to your grilled or barbecued dishes. I love to grab tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh herbs from my local farmers market to really get that taste of summer!
I always have garbanzo beans on hand because they are such a versatile source of plant protein. Using avocado as the healthy fat in the dressing also keeps this salad oil-free (no unnecessary calories here!) It is vegan, gluten-free, and a delicious addition to any whole food, plant-based diet.
Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!
- Two cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Two medium tomatoes
- One cucumber
- Three to four green onions
- One large lemon or two small, juiced
- One lime, juiced
- One ripe avocado
- Herbs, fresh or dry, to taste – I like to use parsley and cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Dice tomato and green onions, and peel and dice cucumber. Toss everything together.
- Cut your avocado in half. Finally dice 1/2 and gently toss with your beans and vegetables.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, mash the other half of the avocado. Whip it together with the lemon and lime juices and spices.
- Add the dressing to your beans and vegetables until lightly coated with creaminess!
- Serve as a side, over salad greens, or even on your favorite roll as a meatless entree option.
Nutrition Info: Serves 6. Calories: 190, Carb: 28g, Fiber: 7g, Fat: 6g, Protein: 8g
Want other delicious recipes, healthy inspiration, and wellness tips? You can get in touch with me via email or social media below…