Don’t you love a good party/game day snack that you can feel good about munching away on?! This spicy Buffalo “chicken wing” style dip is not only dairy free, gluten free, and meatless – it’s full of HEALTHY ingredients!
- 2 cans jackfruit
- 1 package silken tofu
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot hot sauce (more or less, depending on heat preferences)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet.
- Put cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit. Chop/pull it into small pieces and spread on the baking sheet. (I like to lightly season with salt, pepper, and paprika, but you can also bake plain.) Bake about 20 minutes or until the edges start to get crispy, stirring occasionally.
- Blend all remaining ingredients together! You can modify spices to taste.
- Add cashews and blend until smooth.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass baking dish, whatever you want to serve your dip in (roughly 8×8).
- Combine jackfruit with the rest of the mixture and spread evenly in the baking dish.
- Top with dairy-free cheese if you’d like, or just an extra shake of nutritional yeast.
- Bake until the cheese melts or top starts to lightly brown.
Serve it up!
Serve this dip hot with your favorite crackers or tortilla chips. I also love to eat it with raw vegetables – carrots and celery go great with the Frank’s, but green peppers and grape tomatoes are delicious, too!